Monday, September 13, 2010

Never Forget

"Tribute in Light" - 2010
As I was walking home last night, I captured this image. The lights representing the towers are such a beautiful reminder of a most ugly day in our nation's history. I'm not sure how many lights used, but it's amazing to see. They appear to stretch forever into the sky. See the break in the clouds at the top: I feel like it is very symbolic. It reminded me of the massive hole we saw at Ground Zero when we moved to the city three years ago. It made me think about the the emptiness so many people who lost loved ones must feel. 9/11 is the one day in the city every year where it seems like everyone is united - just for that one day. I didn't see the protests and demonstrations in the area this year so it might have been different during the day. But at night, there was a unusually reverent feeling on the streets downtown as scores of people stopped to look, pay tribute and remember what happened nine years ago today. May God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...